4 Days – 4 Open Ocean Dives
The Open Water Diver Course is by far the world’s most popular entry level program, millions of people have qualified for this certification. The course consists of 3 areas, first the theory of diving (facts, principles and concepts). Second is the Confined Water section where you will learn the practical skills, techniques and methods of diving in a safe and controlled environment.
Finally the Open Water section of the course where, under the close guidance of your instructor, you will put into practice the skills and theory you have learned while seeing the wonders of the underwater world. The OWD course takes 4 days when based at our center.
For those who may prefer self study the PADI e-Learning (link) OWD is available, all of the academic part of the course may be completed before attending the dive center where you may immediately enter the exciting practical part of the course.
Whether you have studied on line, or attended the 4 day course, on completion of an informative and interesting exam you will be issued an Internationally accepted PADI Open Water Diver Certificate. Junior Open Water Diver certification is available for 10 – 14 year olds who complete the same course, but with depth levels appropriate to their age.
What to expect on your Open Water Course with Dive College Koh Rong
Day 1 – On the first day of the course you will most likely, together with your instructor, start the day in the classroom to learn the theory needed to dive safely. If you wish you could also complete this day online using the training agency eLearning. As training agency offers us a very flexible approach in teaching this course your instructor does also have the option to take you diving straight away and complete the courses theory in the mornings and evenings after diving.
Day 2 – During the second day of the course we will dive in the shallow water close to the beach to teach you all the skills needed for your safety underwater.
Day 3 & Day 4 – On day 3 and 4 you would come aboard our dive boat and do another 2 dives in open water each day accompanied by your instructor.
Congratulation! You would be a qualified Open Water Diver after your fourth dive which on Day 4.
Dive College Koh Rong PADI Open Water includes:
- Training Agency Materials
- Breakfast and Snacks on the boat
- More stuffs
What is not Included
- Ticket back to Sihanoukville
- Lunch / Dinner
Minimum Requirements for the PADI Open Water Course
- Students will need to be 10 years or older to enroll in the PADI Open Water Diver course or Junior Open Water Diver course, and 13 years old if they wish to use the PADI eLearning due to international internet laws.
- Be able to swim. – **Please note that you will need to know how to swim for 200 metres (any stroke) or swim with mask, fin and snorkel as well as float/tread water for 10 minutes. This is mandatory to pass the course**
- Be in good health and free of any heart conditions
- Complete and sign the training agency Open Water course Medical Statement.